The Top 7 Questions to Ask Your Acura Dealership Before You Buy
When you are buying a new or used Acura, there are always many questions that you want to ask your Acura dealership sales and finance teams. Below, is a list of popular questions to ask at the time of purchase to help you get organized before you head over to a dependable dealership, like Orange Coast Acura. This way you are more than prepared to ask the right questions and get the answers you need to get into the perfect Acura you have been looking for.
What Additional Costs Can You Expect When You Buy a Vehicle at Your Local Acura Dealership?
- The overall price typically does not end with the MSRP. Additional costs you might expect to see are sales tax, registration fees, any material recycling fees, and documentation fees. Simply check with your dealership and they will fill you in on any extra costs that will be tacked on to the final sticker price for your purchase.
If You are Buying a Used Acura, is There a Vehicle History Report?
- Always inquire about the history of a used or certified pre-owned car that you are interested in. Be sure that the Acura dealership provides you with a Carfax or other type of vehicle history report. Here, you will be able to view information, such as if the vehicle was in any accidents in the past, how many owners the vehicle had, and if there were any aftermarket parts installed. If there were, be sure to ask if they were installed properly and with manufacturer approved parts or accessories.
What Do You Need to Know About Your Warranty Options?
- One of the most important discussions you will have at your Acura dealership will revolve around warranties. If you are buying a used Acura, you will want to see if your particular vehicle has any of the original warranty that it would have been covered under at the time the original owner purchased it. Next, you’ll want to see the duration of the coverage and what is exactly falls under that original manufacturer warranty. At this time, you may choose to purchase an additional warranty through your Acura dealership to extend your coverage over a longer amount of time and or mileage and to possibly cover more parts or systems on your vehicle. If you are buying a new vehicle, a trustworthy Acura dealership, like Orange Coast Acura, will be able to go over all of the manufacturer warranty options that are available to you at the time of purchase.
Have you Researched the Vehicle’s Inspections and Repairs?
- It is important to inquire about inspections and the last date of routine repairs and parts replacements. On a pre-owned Acura, you’ll want to check the inspection dates on the vehicle and see if there have been any repairs or routine maintenance completed recently, or if you will need to schedule that in upcoming months. A reputable Acura dealership, like Orange Coast Acura, should be willing and eager to offer you this information to help solidify your vehicle purchase.
What Finance Options are Available?
- Whether you are purchasing a new or a used car, truck, or SUV from your Acura dealership, you’ll want to check out all the finance options that are available to you before coming to a decision. If you are buying new, you may be considering either leasing or financing your vehicle. Depending on what your budget is, what you have for a down payment, and what you would like to spend monthly, this will largely determine, along with the final price of the vehicle, what option is best for you. If you are buying a used Acura, you may want to try for a traditional loan or credit union financing, or you may want to look at alternative financing if your credit is less than perfect. Your Acura dealership will help you decide which options best fit your budget and your needs.
Are There Any Current Deals You Should Know About?
- Most Acura dealerships are always offering some type of sales incentive or finance deal. Ask your sales representative or finance specialist about how one of their current offers could help you save big on your new, or new to you, Acura.
Has the Dealer Installed any Aftermarket Parts?
- If you are buying a used car, truck, or SUV, you’ll want to inquire about any aftermarket, dealer installed parts and accessories that may have been added to your vehicle. Upgrades can add value to a car, truck, SUV, or crossover, but they can also decrease value if the aftermarket accessories or parts were not manufacture approved, or installed by a certified technician at an Acura dealership. Unapproved parts and accessories can decrease the value of a vehicle because they can interfere with manufacturer-intended function and performance. Your Acura dealership should be able to fill you in on any aftermarket upgrades that were made and tell you if they were installed properly and with approved parts.
Choose an Acura Dealership Like Orange Coast Acura!
If you are buying a used or a new Acura, your local Acura dealership is the best place to start. You may want to begin by checking out Orange Coast Acura’s large inventory of quality, in-demand Acura vehicles on our website. See something you like? Head over to Orange Coast Acura Dealership and see what sales and finance incentives we have currently running. Let our finance experts figure these discounts into your loan or lease price and then start you in the process of leasing or financing your Acura MDX today. Worried about purchasing with less than perfect credit? The finance team at Orange Coast Acura is trained to secure financing for all types of credit situations and budgets and will use all of the tools available to get you the loan or lease that you need.
So, what’re you waiting for? Once you’re ready to purchase your ideal Acura, visit your local Acura dealership at Orange Coast Acura and get started today!